Sunday, July 4, 2010

We're home!

Well, I want to update everyone on MeeNa's situation. She had at least 2-3 seizurs on Friday. The final diagnosis is Complex Partial Epilepsy. You can check it out at epilepsy.com. She will take an anti-seizure medicine twice a day for the next two years. If she doesn't have any more seizures, they will begin to ween her off of the medicine and go from there.

I don't anticipate her having any more. I'm being optimistic. I guess that all of these years of people saying I'm a worry wart or a mother hen will now pay off. There must be a reason why God has made me that way, and I think I know why. If another person ever tells me I worry too much, I'm gonna have to say that it's a good thing that I do. I have plenty good reason to worry and be vigilant over my kids. I really don't want to hear those words again in my life.

I do believe that God gave me MeeNa for many reasons. I'm so glad to have her and happy that I can do for her that her may not have been able to. I really wish I could sit with her mom and find out if these things run in the family or not. It would be so helpful. And... if they knew about this, let them know we can help her and ask if that was the reason why they gave her up. Hmpf. I don't think I'll ever find out.

I hope I'm not offfending anyone.

Well, we are home, and she is napping.

Mike took the boys to our camping trip that we've been planning pretty much since January. I just couldn't let them miss it. We'll have to go together as a family again before school is back in session. They just LOVED the fireworks that are sent off about 100 yards away from the house. I can't wait until they are home and my family is all together.

1 comment:

  1. Judy - It sounds like you are a very good Mom to MeeNa and keep things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete